Hocus Pocus Bun Recipe

Thursday, October 27, 2022

I was looking for easy snacks to make for spooky movie nights, in this, the best season ever-Spooky Season! I stumbled across something called Hocus Pocus Buns on Facebook so I went hunting for a recipe and I found a few which seemed to differ slightly, but the one I'm sharing here was the easiest, messiest, quickest, and the most fun sounding so I tried it, and OH.MY.GOD!! I found this recipe at Fork to Spoon and the lady behind Fork to Spoon may be my new favourite blog person. Please go check out her recipes, I'm going to work through all the yummy air fryer ones! 
Anyway, back to Hocus Pocus Buns...




You're going to need Marshmallows (I used the normal-sized pink and white ones), Cinnamon sugar, butter, and croissant dough (the jus-rol stuff works well although it comes pre-perforated which can cause some mess if you don't seal the properly). 

INGREDIENTS

1/2 Cup Melted Butter 
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon 
Croissant Dough
Marshmallows (8-12)

METHOD

Melt your butter in a bowl and set to side
Mix sugar and cinnamon together to make cinnamon sugar and set aside
Roll out dough and cut into 8-12 equal pieces-the Jus-Rol dough makes exactly 12 so if you use that you get more!

Once everything is prepared dip each marshmallow in melted butter then roll it in the cinnamon mixture and place it in the centre of your dough. Close up the dough any which way you can to ensure no gaps.

Brush all your wrapped marshmallows with more of the butter and then sprinkle with your leftover sugar,

Set your Air Fryer to 160° and a cooking time of 8 minutes. 

Line the air fryer tray with parchment paper or silicon fryer liners (if you have them they will keep your fryer cleaner in case of marshmallow leaks).

Place each bun in the fryer spaced apart to avoid sticking together. (The ninja dual fryer 9.5l fits 6 in each side-otherwise you may have to do two batches).

And that's it! They come out you place them on a tray or plate and you can dig in. Just remember hot marshmallows can be TOO hot so maybe wait more than the 30 seconds I did!

15 minutes and boom, perfect movie night snacks! I think maybe a Hocus Pocus marathon. 




Much Love
Aj x


Post a Comment