What I've been listening to lately.

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

I have always been someone with one of those truly eclectic tastes in music. The kind of person that has playlists that swing wildly from bubblegum 90s pop to 60s rock, and back again through emo and classical-there is no common thread to any of it! However, I am also the kind of person who hyper-fixates on things sometimes and that is why for the last 6 years my most listened-to artist on Spotify has been Taylor Swift! In my defence, she has so many styles across 9 albums that she basically ticks all my favourite boxes. 




With all that said though I have challenged myself to step away from Folklore and Evermore and check out some new music and I've found myself quite the little girl squad of up-and-coming artists that I am loving at the moment, so I thought I would share a little of who I've been listening to lately! 



Maisie Peters

TikTok: maisiehpeters

Favourite Song: Favourite Ex

Song you should stream right away: Cate's Brother, and Cate's Brother (Matt's Version)

Best for: vulnerable lyrics, good vibes

Dylan

TikTok: dyl.an

Favourite Song: Good Enough

Song you should stream right away: You're Not Harry Styles

Best for: angsty pop, screaming at the top of your lungs

Beth McCarthy

TikTok: bethmaymccarthy

Favourite Song: She Get's the Flowers

Song you should stream right away: If You Loved Me Right

Best for: crying into your wine, dealing with unrequited love, getting over a break-up

Nina Nesbitt

TikTok: ninanesbitt

Favourite Song: The Best You Had

Song you should stream right away: Pressure Makes Diamonds

Best for: great songwriting, loving yourself, self-deprecating fun

Jax

TikTok: jaxwritessongs

Favourite Song: Like My Father

Song you should stream right now: Victoria's Secret

Best For: smart, funny songwriting, beautiful melodies

EMELINE

TikTok: emelineisme

Favourite Song: Cinderella's Dead 

Song you should stream right away: This Is How I Learn to Say No

Best for: Bad bitch vibes, sex positivity, dirty pop


So those are the Queen's I've had on repeat lately-be it out walking, on the exercise bike, cleaning the bathroom, reading in the bath, and even whilst dying on the couch with Covid last week, they really are a vibe for all moods. 

There are a few other artists in the playlist above that you should check out but I haven't featured them because I've not listened to them enough yet (they were recommended by Spotify enhanced)-ooh except Cate-yes the same Cate of Cate's Brother- she gives me Avril meets the 2020s vibes!!

Are there any other artists you think I should add to my playlist, who've you been listening to lately? 



Post a Comment